The day started early for us, but thankfully nothing too eventful has happened. =) I took a few notes on our first flight to make sure I could share how beautiful it was! Here they are, with some changes/additions:
- The ocean looked so close! When you're flying above a city, you can see how high up you are because all the buildings and roads look so small. But the sea is just endless blue! We were only over the ocean for a short time, though, before we turned and headed East to Redding.
- The horizon was fuzzy pink at the edges.
- The fog was like cotton pulled and stretched into valleys and towns. It was a nice change to see the fog from above instead of being beneath it!
- I could see hills of gold and shadow, and also distant blue, light-shrouded peaks. Gorgeous! I could have started singing the song from Oklahoma! ("Oh, what a beautiful morning...")!
- Looking out at the engine reminded me of Madagascar 2. I was happy, though, that no crazy, little critter was standing there, ready to be blown off!
- The ride was loud!!! I think I forgot how loud those smaller planes can be.