If you're participating in the challenge and haven't re-read as much as you had hoped to so far, though, you're not alone. I have been reading so many new books for review and such that I have only re-read one book for this challenge (which I mentioned in February's update).
I think by choosing to go all the way ("Diving" level--20 books), I've overwhelmed myself. Yes, it is "my" challenge, in a sense, so I feel bad for not challenging myself more, but I think I'm going to jump back a couple of levels. I think I need to do some "Wading" before I attempt any "Diving!" ;) I'm sorry for not being a better example, though, and I do hope I can still learn from this challenge.
Anyway, today is a very special update post: I'm hosting a book swap! Here are some guidelines:
- You don't have to be a participant in the Contentment Reading Challenge in order to get involved in the book swap.
- If you are participating in the challenge and you end up getting a book through the book swap, feel free to count it to your total if you would like. It can be a re-read or a first-time read. You don't have to count it, though, if you only want to count re-reads. I'm just giving you permission if you'd like to. ;)
- There are no guarantees that everyone will get to participate. It's all up to you whether or not you end up connecting with another reader and finding some commonalities in your lists. (I'll explain that in just a moment.)
- If you choose to participate in the book swap, you will have to pay your own shipping to send your book to another person. (This probably means that most of the "swappers" will be U.S. residents, but if a couple of people from another, same country find each other here, then that would be great!)
- A list of books you are willing to send (swap) to another person.
- A list of books you are interested in receiving through the swap, whether books you don't have that you want to re-read, or books you've never read before.
In the comments section post your two lists along with your e-mail address. If you see someone whose list matches up to yours in some way, someone you want to trade/swap with (etc.), then contact that person by e-mail and set up a swap! Or wait and see if anyone contacts you.
I've never hosted a book swap before, so I hope this works! ;) I'll go first by posting my two lists in the comments section. Also, feel free to post your update for the Contentment Reading Challenge here, as well. Just remember to specify if you're wanting to participate in the swap!