Saturday, November 26, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

...at least on my blog, anyway!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm so grateful for your friendship, your encouraging comments, and your willingness to take time out of your busy lives to visit and read my posts. Thank you for being my friends!

And now we are heading toward the next holiday - Christmas!! I'm sorry if I'm a little too early for some of you... Hope you don't mind my enthusiasm!

The Scrappin' Blogs website has so many lovely blog backgrounds to choose from, and I love this one with its gentle backdrop and cheery splash of color. The main picture is from last winter at my school (I think this was in February, featuring a very rare dusting of snow). I really am blessed to have such a beautiful view! May the picture remind you of the peace to be found on His path for our lives no matter the season or weather.

P.S. Don't forget that the "Love Finds You" blog party starts on December 4th! Just a little over a week to go!!

14 comments:

Lotti said...

Your blog looks so pretty ... really nice. It's getting close to Christmas now ... it's everywhere, so it doesn't matter if your early.

Amber Holcomb said...

Lotti,

Aww, thank you so much! And you're right - it really is starting to look like Christmas elsewhere, too, so I'm glad you don't mind that I'm getting my blog in the mood for the holidays. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

~Amber

Hutt-Write Voice said...

You are right, it does look like Christmas here. Gorgeous!

Cathy said...

Love your Christmas blog design! I think I may decorate mine for Christmas too. :)

Amber Holcomb said...

Linda,

Thank you! :) It's fun to have a new look for the upcoming "Love Finds You" blog party, too!

~Amber

Amber Holcomb said...

Cathy,

Glad you like it! :) It was fun putting it together. I generally change my blog design for the seasons, so this is the unofficial "holiday season." ;)

~Amber

Joy Tamsin David said...

What a beautiful new background! I love Christmas! :)

Amber Holcomb said...

Joy,

Isn't it?? I love looking at all the pretty backgrounds and picking new ones for each season. :) And I love Christmas, too! Can't wait to finish out the semester and come home again!

~Amber

CherryBlossomMJ said...

I love the background! I wish I could find that thing I remember from a few years back, where it would make it snow... hmm...

Amber Holcomb said...

CherryBlossomMJ,

Thank you! :) Oh, yes - I think I know what you're talking about... That would be fun and really set the Christmas mood! :)

~Amber

Michelle said...

Your blog looks great, Amber! So pretty and festive!

Hope you had as blessed Thanksgiving, and a wonderful weekend. : )

Michelle

Amber Holcomb said...

Michelle,

Thank you so much! :)

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving week, as well! I had a great time being home with my family, and its comforting to know I only have a couple of weeks until I can see them again. :)

~Amber

Bonnie Way aka the Koala Mom said...

I actually decorated for Christmas on the same day that you did, but I have friends who started much earlier. Speaking of Christmas... I should turn my music on. :) I like your background; it's cute. Maybe I'll go look for one.

Amber Holcomb said...

Koala Bear Writer,

Oh, cool! Glad I'm not too early... ;) At least it's not like on the Charlie Brown Easter episode (not sure if you've seen those shows or not!), where it's Easter time but the store is already decorated for Christmas! I'd echo Charlie Brown's phrase if it ever got to that point - "Good grief!"

Anyway, yes, now is the time for Christmas music! :) I love this time of year! Glad you like the background - you can click the Scrappin' Blogs link to check out some of their other backgrounds. So pretty!

~Amber